Are you a looking for a new and exciting opportunity? TForce Direct seeks an Operations Manager to embark on a successful career in our new markets. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join TForce Direct.
This position will oversee the daily management of assets and human resources including the application of company policies and procedures to achieve efficiency, profitability and good working relations with dispatch, courier drivers and customers
- Ensure exceptional customer service is achieved by exceeding “service targets” and objectives.
- Ensure the quality and fairness of the Dispatch department, fill in as Dispatch back-up when required, and cover 24 hours, 365 days per year.
- Recommend staffing needs for the operation.
- Recruit, hire, and ensure adequate training of staff.
- Monitor revenue and cost levels to ensure efficiency, profitability and institute policies and procedures to correct inadequacies.
- Make sure the operation is in compliance regarding safety.
- Maintain the company leased/owned vehicles and complaince records
- Keep the Regional Director informed of daily activity.
- Authorize payment of operational invoices.
- Engage in proactive discipline of operational and driver teams.
- Ensure adherence to procedural and policy requirements of various government bodies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Direct reports: Dispatchers, Courier Drivers and all Operational Support staff
- BS/BA or Associate degree required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Supervisory/Management capacity in Operations.
- Leadership qualities.
- Combination of skills and experiences that may include prior industry experience, general management, sales and other relevant background.
- Maintain a high degree of self-discipline.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to lift at least 40lbs.
All Rights Reserved © Copyright 2016